This privacy statement sets out how Bournemouth Beach Lodges (Bournemouth Borough Council) complies with European Union data protection requirements. It applies to the entire web site and you can access it via our homepage and from the bottom of every page by clicking on the appropriate link. We may change this privacy statement from time to time by updating this page therefore, you should continue to check this page to ensure you are happy with any changes.
Bournemouth Beach Lodges (Bournemouth Borough Council) are committed to respecting your privacy. We have structured our web site so that, in general, you can visit the Bournemouth Beach Lodges web site without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. Once you choose to provide us with any information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
For your protection, we are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and have given all appropriate notifications to the Information Commissioner.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• For brochure requests and marketing promotions we will collect your name and contact details (telephone, fax, mail and e-mail addresses).
• For holidays, breaks, products or other services, we will collect your name, contact details (telephone, fax, mail and e-mail addresses), billing information, transaction and credit card information.
• We may also ask you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with our holidays, breaks, products or other services and contact preferences in order to provide you with further correspondence about our holidays, breaks, products or other services.
What do we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• To improve our products and services.
• Our representatives may follow up, either by e-mail, phone, fax or mail, to people who have purchased holidays or goods from our site, as part of our customer care procedures.
• To send out emails about a specific booking or in response to an enquiry using the e-mail address that you have provided during your time on the Bournemouth Beach Lodges website.
• To send promotional e-mails about new products, special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting using a valid e-mail address if you have provided one and have not opted-out of receiving email communications from Bournemouth Beach Lodges. To opt out of these promotional email communications, please click this link.
We may occasionally use third party companies to manage collation, processing and storage of your personal information and sensitive personal information on our behalf. These companies may be located outside the European Economic Area, however they are carefully selected and screened to ensure suitable protection of your security and privacy and are permitted to use the information only in accordance with our instructions.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and organisational controls to safeguard the information we collect online.
Other web sites
Our web site may contain links to enable you to visit other web sites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site you should note that we do not have any control over that other web site. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the web site in question.
A cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. For example, when you visit an online store, a cookie allows your basket content to be remembered as you browse from page to page. The cookie file is placed on your hard drive and keeps track of your basket, and can be used to analyse your journey through the website to improve the website in the future.
We currently contract with several online partners to help manage and optimize our Internet business and communications. We use the services of a marketing company to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our site. To do this, we use Web beacons and cookies provided by our marketing company on this site. The type of information we collect includes the pages visited, a booking and value of the booking. By supplementing our records, this information helps us learn things like what pages are most attractive to our visitors, which of our products most interest our customers, and what kinds of offers our customers like to see. Although our marketing company logs the information coming from our site on our behalf, we control how that data may and may not be used.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better web site, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. This practice is strictly in force. We know that people have concerns about cookies, but we believe that the benefit we both gain from their proper use is worthwhile.
You can set most web browsers to notify you of cookie placement requests or decline cookies completely by configuring your browser to suit your personal preference in relation to cookie management.